Until 2017, Instagram (IG) was just one of many apps I had downloaded on my iPhone – I followed my friends and posted about something interesting every once in a while. Just recently I’ve begun to embrace this media in a new way and I’ve found Instagram is full of inspiring people who love their craft, exude love, and support each other.
In the past I’ve talked about Twitter and my personal Top 8 Accounts to Follow, and I had so much fun thinking about how I would do the same for Instagram accounts. During this process, I realized how different the content was that I follow for IG compared to Twitter – I don’t use it as a source of news or for work, so much as for my interests like travel, food, and daily doses of encouragement. Based on this, here are some of my favorite Instagram accounts to follow, by category!
- @travelandleisure: How can you go wrong following an IG account that features unique spaces and places from around the world on their feed!
- @boston: Being born and raised in Massachusetts but living in California means I miss Boston a lot, but thankfully this amazing account has gorgeous pictures of the city and surrounding areas every day.
- @parisinfourmonths: A few years back when gearing up for my European backpacking trip, I stumbled upon Carin Olsson’s Instagram when preparing for Paris. I love her consistent posts about travel, fashion, photography and living in Paris! Dream life much?!
Food & Health:
- @cookieandkate & @pinchofyum are two of my absolute favorite healthy food handles, not to mention their feeds feature beautiful photography of their creations!
- @oneloveorganics is my ride or die face cleansing line. I’ve been using their products for years now, and I love their IG because it features great blogs and healthy skin tips each day.
- @holistichabits: For recommendations and tips on new healthy products, I love referencing Holistic Habits and her YouTube channel!
- @girlboss: Girlboss Media is redefining what it means for women to be successful, on our own terms. This is definitely an account to follow for some inspiration.
- I couldn’t get by without a little help from my girlfriends! @tiffanyvon, @daniella.nuu, @stefanierosemonroe. These girls, along with so many other people on IG, inspire, encourage, and push me to be the best version of myself. Definitely worth a follow!
To end on the best note, I encourage you to follow Instagram accounts that inspire you based on your interests. One of my favorite things about Instagram is that it allows me to explore Global Pathways. All of you know this is my true passion and purpose in life. I love this big, colorful, diverse world of ours. Although I still haven’t found that full-time job that allows me and my husband to spend months abroad whenever we want (call me if you have), I find such a joy in connecting with followers on IG from anywhere from London to Hong Kong to St. Petersburg. When you explore, I explore. When you learn, I learn. Isn’t there something powerful in that? I certainly think so.